Keeping track of existing clients, following up on lead generation, and building relationships are integral parts of any business strategy, and Zoho CRM helps you do just that. When your business activity starts to grow, things can become unmanageable and you could be losing out on opportunities as a result.
Enter Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. The simplest definition of a CRM system is a platform that allows businesses to manage client relationships and the data and information associated with them.
One of the most popular CRM platforms on the market is the award-winning software Zoho CRM which is designed to attract, retain and satisfy customers to grow your business.
The core of Zoho CRM’s functionality is lead and contact management, but also sales pipeline management and purchase control. Zoho’s recently revamped interface includes 10 different components, with the main module navigation panel placed on top for easier searching.
The user can also customise the dashboard to suit their specific business needs with easy to navigate tabs, links and drop-down menus.
Zoho’s functions are scalable and work seamlessly whether you are a startup, small business or large scale enterprise. The software can automate daily tasks, track sales, engage customers and manage social media posts on different platforms.
It also features a mobile app, which allows you to check on things, execute tasks or seal deals in real-time while on the move.
Another functionality tool that sets Zoho apart from other CRM platforms is the way it can integrate with popular apps such as Microsoft Outlook, Mailchimp, QuickBooks, ConstantContact, Google apps and cloud-based solutions such as OneSaas and Cloudwork.
What can Zoho do?
Zoho CRM has a huge number of features that relate to closing sales and attracting customers. But how does it help you with your customer relationships? Let’s find out:
Automated sales operations
Zoho CRM automates daily sales tasks, converts web visitors into hot leads, imports prospects from external sources and parties including trade shows, direct emails, and seminars. Once the data is imported to the system, leads are matched with the appropriate sales agents and are converted into buyers.
Most of the sales functions in Zoho CRM are single-click and customisable to your specific business needs.
Zoho CRM also allows the user to manage customer accounts. This includes monitoring all accounts from a shared database; viewing them across products, locations, account, and status, Users can also track customer purchase history for cross-selling or upsell opportunities. With the same tools, you can accurately forecast revenue, establish sales quotas, identify individual/team performance, measure forecast accuracy, and create forecast reports and dashboards.
Zoho CRM also includes an Opportunity Tracking tool that shows you where your customer is in the sales cycle to help you craft more fitting messages and approaches. This data can be found in the accurate and easy to use Dynamic Reports & Dashboards.
Similarly, the software allows you to identify and target inactive leads with historical data to realign your customer messaging and approach. Another handy tool is the Business Card View which allows you to quickly access all relevant customer information in one window without having to search and scroll for tables.
Zoho also records the time and content of past conversations and correspondence so you can easily keep track of relationships. The tools in the CRM will keep you briefed and totally up to date, so the approach you take with the customer is tailored to the scenario.
People who are looking for goods and services often jump on the internet to find a provider. Many use search engines, but more and more people are finding their way to service providers through the use of social media, such as Facebook and Twitter.
You may find that you are gaining more business from your social media pages, especially if you advertise or boost posts. Social media posting can be time-consuming and analysing the data can be quite taxing. This is where Zoho’s social media platform comes into its own. Not only can you make multiple posts with a single click, but the social media platform will also present you with real-time data such as who has read your posts, who has shared them, who liked them, and who has started to follow you. It also uses the data to categorises them as leads and contacts, so you can connect with them.
On the go
Zoho CRM is not only a desktop application. It has special dedicated mobile editions for Android and iOS users. The apps allow you to keep in control of your business and stay in touch with customers while on the go. You can access sales records, assign tasks and much more from your smartphone or tablet.
It is integrated with Google Apps
Another great feature about Zoho CRM is that it can connect seamlessly with a number of Google’s apps, including Docs, Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks.
- Zoho CRM is rich in features and has competitive price packages
- You can try before you buy, and scale up or down
- It is easy to navigate and user-friendly
- Offers plenty of customisation options
- There can be a lot going on and users who are not technologically savvy could get bogged down
- Can be cumbersome exporting/sorting data
- Can sometimes display too much raw data
Outline of Zoho features
Sales Force Automation
- Lead Generation & Qualification
- Pipeline Analysis
- Sales Stage & Probability Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Real-Time Forecasting
- Quota Management
- Automate lead management process
- Fast track lead to deal process
- Capture leads from website
- Import leads from trade shows, seminars, direct mail, etc.
- Match sales-ready leads to the right salespeople
- Convert prospects into opportunities, accounts, and contacts with a single click
- Sales processes as per own best practices (B2B & B2C)
- Single database
- Customer data across products, geographies, account, and status
- Parent-child relationships between customer accounts and their subsidiaries
- Price quotes, sales orders and invoices
- Purchase history to find cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Loyalty programs
- Log important customer calls
- Save customer meetings and calls in an intuitive calendar
- Invite employees, leads and contacts to meetings and events
- Manage recurring events by day, week, month and/or year
Website Integration with Forms
- Create forms with no coding
- Set rules to simplify lead distribution
- Upload forms live instantly
- Catch leads directly into your CRM
CRM Workflow Management
- Workflow alerts while creating or modifying records
- Associate tasks to the workflow rules with CRM records
- Email notifications with templates and upon triggering a workflow rule
- Auto schedule the workflow actions at pre-defined interval
- Instant notifications to 3rd party applications via Webhooks
- Custom Functions
- Macros automate tasks
- Sales Opportunity Management
- Monitor sales opportunities across sales cycle
- Import sales opportunities from third-party solutions and services
- 360-degree view
- Drag-and-drop customization wizard
- Big deal alert
- Sales pipeline and sales escalation process
- Free Edition
- Track records that are critical to your business based on your criteria
- Stay on top of sales updates in real-time
- Identify cold prospects for a sales follow-up
- Sort updates by users and modules
- Sort records by record owner and module
- Complete visibility based on last activity
- Revenue is based on data within Zoho CRM
- Create, assign and revise sales quotas
- Assess individual and team performance
- Forecast accuracy against commit amounts
- Fully customizable forecast reports and dashboards
- Business Card View
- Quick glance at important details of the contact without scrolling or searching
- Customize fields
- Captures, collates and distributes customer email activity within your CRM
- Get notification and reply to customer emails within CRM
- Intuitively scans your mailbox and displays only relevant emails
- Send emails via your favourite mail client
- Get a copy of the email linked to the right lead or contact in CRM
- Link prospect and customers emails with your CRM data
- Share emails from prospects based on your own rules
- Create mail merge templates for different modules
- Get updated user info in merged documents
- Manage templates in secured folders
- Role-based folders, sub-folders
- Share collateral with your salespeople
- Send documents from your CRM
- One document can have multiple versions
- Quick feedback from colleagues to improve document
- View social interactions of your brand with prospect
- Reply to direct messages, likes and mentions via your brand’s social profile
- Engage future prospects from within the social stream
- Stay tapped on customer’s interests and updates
- Comment or like them inside CRM
- Real-time access to customer data
- Receive sales alerts
- Search customers nearby, create tasks
- Capture trade show leads directly into Zoho CRM
- Digitalize and save business cards on your iPhone
CRM for Google Apps
- Custom Modules, API, Webhooks and Custom Functions
- Create campaigns, email marketing & autoresponders
- Enable security controls, organizational hierarchy & territories
Zoho CRM offers a monthly or yearly pay-as-you-go service that you can cancel, upgrade or downgrade at any time. All major cards and bank or check transfer are accepted. You can also try before you buy.
Standard – $12/user/month (billed annually)
- Sales Forecasting
- Reports and dashboards
- Document library
- Roles and profiles
- Mass email
- Call centre connectors
- 100,000 records
Professional – $20/user/month (billed annually)
- All Features from the Standard Plan
- Email integration
- Social CRM
- Google AdWords integration
- Workflow automation
- Inventory management
- Unlimited records
Enterprise – $35/user/month (billed annually)
- All Features from the Professional Plan
- Territory management
- Custom applications
- Custom buttons
- Workflow approval processes
- Page layouts
- Custom modules
- Multiple currencies
Ultimate – $100/user/month
- All Features from the Enterprise Plan
- Dedicated Database cluster
- Priority support
- Advanced customization
- Advanced CRM analytics
- Enhanced storage