Ellis Group owns and operates Australia’s largest ear plug store, Earjobs. Launched in 2005, Earjobs is an ecommerce retailer that sells ear plugs, ear muffs, ear protection goods and associated aids to enable a good night’s sleep.
In 2009, Ellis Group co-founders Paul and Alex Ellis had successfully grown Earjobs from startup to a thriving business that attracted customers from Australia and New Zealand. Eager to focus their time on expanding the company’s product range to potential new customers in Asia, Ellis Group approached Dexterous to help manage their finance tasks.
As Ellis Group has previously managed their finance function in-house, Dexterous worked with the team to seamlessly manage the day-to-day financial tasks. Currently, Dexterous assists by:
- Managing monthly bank reconciliations and accounts payable tasks
- Reconciling sales from wholesales suppliers and multiple ecommerce platforms including Afterpay, Paypal, Shopify, and Zip Money
- Lodging all compliance including business activity statements (BAS), instalment activity statement (IAS), Super contributions, and the co-founders’ income tax returns
- Liaison with Singapore third parties such as legal and distribution services
- Managing the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and providing an end-of-month management report
Entrusting the daily management of financial tasks to Dexterous has enabled Ellis Group to concentrate on the continued growth of the business. As Earjobs commences selling goods in Singapore, Dexterous are on hand to offer expert accounting advice and guidance to Ellis Group. Further, the company’s financial data is always up-to-date and available to support Earjobs’ Co-founders to make informed decisions about the business’ future.
“Outsourcing our daily finance tasks to a trusted partner, like Dexterous, has given us the time we needed to achieve our expansion goals for the business.”– Paul Ellis, Co-Founder of Earjobs
Dexterous is a progressive accounting and bookkeeping provider that can ably and flexibly support your business as it scales. With a series of fixed-price packages on offer, you can scale up your support as you need. Talk to us today about outsourcing your daily finance tasks on 1300 996 928 or email@example.com.