Founded in 2015, we are a progressive and technology-focused bookkeeping and accounting business utilising cloud-based software to challenge the norms of the accounting industry. We offer our clients an innovative approach for their bookkeeping and accounting needs. In 2017, Dexterous scooped the Best New Firm in the Australian Accounting Awards.
Purpose of Role
To drive business automation to replace manual handling in order to streamline processes and increase efficiency throughout the wider business.
Requires experience as a Developer with robotic process automation tools; front end technology and prior experience working with UiPath, Blue Prism, Power Automate, and DBMS technology.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Managing the complete software development process from conception to deployment
- Maintaining and upgrading the software following deployment
- Overseeing and guiding the analyzing, writing, building, and deployment of software
- Overseeing the automated testing and providing feedback to management during the development process
- Modifying and testing changes to previously developed programs
- Fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Participate in the development of internal processes if required
- Writing technical documentation
- Detect optimization opportunities, identify and work on process improvements
- Analyze current processes and metrics to review and propose improvements to drive efficiency without impacting or reducing controls in the business
- Develop process improvement procedures to improve operational efficiency
- Recommend process, product, or technical changes to improve user experience, client levels and or efficiencies
- Recognises and acknowledges the clients’ needs
- Undertakes actions that meet the clients’ expectations
- Takes responsibility for response and outcomes
- Acts with integrity and professionalism in interacting with clients
- Ensure all front-end and backend requests are completed accurately in terms of code quality, testing quality and production quality.
- Continually follow the standard processes and procedures of the organization.
- Report breakdowns or weaknesses in processes and procedures to management for review.
- Ensure that work is prioritized in accordance with business priorities.
- Ensure daily timesheets are accurately maintained and presented on a timely basis.
- Ensure on-time attendance to work in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
Problem Solving Ability
- Weighs pros and cons and impact of alternatives.
- Ability to work through client issues and provide appropriate recommendations to resolve.
- Undertakes optimal course of action keeping others informed when appropriate.
- Managing Director
- Client Directors
- Client Managers
- Senior, Intermediate & Junior Developer
- Programming capabilities
- An algorithmic and structured way of thinking
- Problem identification, requirements gathering, documentation, testing and troubleshooting skills
- Designing and building workflows
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding UX principles
- Process mining proficiency
- Cloud technology knowledge
- Ability to manage competing priorities within tight time frames
- Ability to operate in an often rapidly changing environment, demonstrated flexibility in approach and attitude
- Ability to build productive relationships with stakeholders
- Graduate of Computer Science/Information Technology or similar course
- Familiarity with DBMS technology, including SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB and MySQL
- Knowledge or experience in Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Knowledge or experience in using the following application or system:-
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Power Automate
- Google App Script
- CRM Software (Salesforce, Zoho, Oracle NetSuite)
- Microsoft Technologies
- Takes personal accountability for one’s job and job functions
- Attention to detail:
- Consistently considers all the detailed aspects of the role, showing a high concern for accuracy.
- Client Service Orientation
- Listens to and makes efforts to understand the clients’ needs, prioritizing client satisfaction.
- Constantly communicates in a team environment to ensure team members remain abreast of processes and task status.
- Is proactive in the workplace and shows initiative to resolve tasks, escalating if necessary.
- Time Management:
- Ensures assignments are successfully completed and within expected timeframes.
- Team Work:
- Actively participates as a member of a team to help ensure that the team achieves its objectives.