Founded in 2015, we are a progressive and technology-focused bookkeeping and accounting business utilising cloud-based software to challenge the norms of the accounting industry. We offer our clients an innovative approach for their bookkeeping and accounting needs. In 2017, Dexterous scooped the Best New Firm in the Australian Accounting Awards.
Purpose of Role
Provide support to the senior accountant and wider team by helping to prepare weekly bank reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable and expense reporting. Assist with the preparation of financial statements, accounts and budgets. May also be a key member in finalising month end and year end accounts.
- Requires experience as a junior accountant with qualifications in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable – entering invoices, processing of payments
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliation – matching invoices to daily bank feeds
- Payroll – new employee set up, entering clients employee details to Xero, prepare clients pay run based on timesheets/award rates/contract rates, updating pay runs, emailing clients, generating ABA files, sending pays lips to clients employees
- Management Reporting – Unadjusted & adjusted management report
- reconciling items at month end and entering invoices into Xero
- Compliance – IAS, BAS, FBT, Payroll Tax, Superannuation
- Record amount due in Xero
- Ensure all invoices are recorded and GST classification is correctly coded
- Advise client to process any payments on or before due date
- Reconcile any payment in bank feeds once cleared by the bank
- Supports the clients and their employees with accounting requirements
- Recognises and acknowledges the client and their employees needs
- Undertakes actions that meet the clients’ expectations
- Takes responsibility for response and outcomes
Problem Solving Ability
- Ability to work through client issues and provide appropriate recommendations to Senior to resolve
- Continually follow the standard processes and procedures of the organisation.
- Report breakdowns or weaknesses in processes and procedures to management for review.
- Ensure that work is prioritised in accordance with business priorities.
- Ensure daily timesheets are accurately maintained and presented on a timely basis.
- Ensure on-time attendance to work in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Client Managers
- Senior Accountants
- Intermediate Accountants
- Governing Bodies
- Australian Taxation Office
- Ability to prioritise work
- An organised and methodical approach to a task
- Strong communication and time management skills
- High attention to detail and good analytical ability
- Excellent customer service skills
- Hungry for learning and growth
- Ability to multitask, and work under pressure
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
- 1-2 years previous experience as a Junior Accountant
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
- Preferably CPA or studying towards
- Accountability:○ Takes personal accountability for one’s job and job functions
- Attention to detail:○ Consistently considers all the detailed aspects of the role, showing a high concern for accuracy.
- Client Service Orientation○ Listens to and makes efforts to understand the clients needs; prioritizing client satisfaction.
- Communication:○ Constantly communicates in a team environment to ensure team members remain abreast of processes and task status.
- Initiative:○ Is proactive in the workplace and shows initiative to resolve tasks, escalating if necessary.
- Time Management:○ Ensures assignments are successfully completed and within expected timeframes.
- Team Work:○ Actively participates as a member of a team to help ensure that the team achieves its objectives.