Founded in 2015, we are a progressive and technology-focused bookkeeping and accounting business utilising cloud-based software to challenge the norms of the accounting industry. We offer our clients an innovative approach for their bookkeeping and accounting needs. In 2017, Dexterous scooped the Best New Firm in the Australian Accounting Awards.
At Dexterous, we have a challenging role for an experienced Finance Manager/Financial Controller. This is not your traditional role and we are a fast-growing, innovative and tech-driven business supporting a growing number of clients. If you are excited about where the future of our space is heading then Dexterous is the place for you!
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for managing the company’s relationship with its clients.
- Expected to maintain a high client retention rate and develop long-term relationships.
- Provide support to clients at the Finance Manager/Financial Controller level
- Supervisory position
- Requires experience and expertise as a Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
- Ability to guide and monitor other team members
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited supervision
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Knowledge & experience of working with BAS, FBT and Income Tax, Workers Compensation and Payroll Tax reconciliations.
- Experienced in preparing financial statements and interpreting the story behind the numbers.
- Ability to access and research information, including the use of electronic sources as required for the completion of client work (OSR and ATO website).
- Assumes a high level of financial reporting.
- Builds and maintains an effective working relationship with existing clients.
- Ensure that clients are kept informed throughout the engagement process.
- Understand the needs and financial/business objectives of the client.
- Proactive support of our growing number of clients
- Able to identify potential risks and opportunities with clients.
- Ability to work through client issues and provide appropriate recommendations to resolve.
We want you to think differently
- Suggest and implement process improvements.
- Refer ‘problems’ or ‘challenges’ in the finance process to our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) developers for review so we can streamline and automate finance processes.
- Actively contribute to team discussions relating to continuous improvements in business processes and procedures.
- Actively encourage junior staff to contribute to discussions relating to business processes and procedures.
- Senior Accountants
- Intermediate Accountants
- Junior Accountants
- Governing Bodies
- Professional Bodies
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Tax & Accounting Knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written
- Client management experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise heavy workloads
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products including MS Word, MS Excel.
- Competent in the use of Xero.
- 7-12 years’ work experience.
- Experience in working with Xero or MYOB.
- Experience in Accounting practices, bookkeeping, tax, working with BAS/GST/FBT
- Experience in development processes and procedures and implementation of same.
- Experience in managing client assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated organisational planning and coordination skills.
- Experience working independently and as a member of a team.
- We care for each other
- Respect our clients
- Work as one team
- Act with integrity
- Strive for high performance
- Think differently